With an audience of over 7.5 million readers monthly, this is the blog of choice for health writers who want to reach as many people as possible and get paid while doing so, as each accepted post earns you $125. The Greatist covers topics such as health, mental well-being, and relationships, in addition to content about personal journeys through weight loss and other endeavors. The site shies away from articles that may not be inclusive for its entire readership, so avoid writing about expensive health retreats and similar subjects. Instead, create content related to your experiences to offer its readers a voice to follow. Posts need to fit within the 1,000 to 1,500-word range and should be submitted using Google Docs.
MOZ Rank: 6.54 / 10 | Page Rank: 6 / 10 | Domain Authority: 77.33 | Alexa Rank: 6,796
Average Monthly Visitors: 7,557,000 (estimated using similarweb.com)
Average Page View per Visit: 1.37 (estimated using similarweb.com)
Country of Audience: United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, India (estimated using similarweb.com)
Frequency Of Publishing New Article: approximately 2 post/day
Other Sub-Topics Covered: Career; work/life balance; Productivity, Struggles with substance abuse, Social media and technology, etc.
Requirements / Approval Criteria for Guest Blogging:
• When submitting a pitch use a potential title for your story in the subject line (so… not just “Unfiltered Pitch”).
• One clear, concise paragraph explaining your idea and a general sense of the story structure (this should also help them get a feel for your writing style).
• A one-sentence takeaway you hope readers will learn from your story Links to any published stories (preferably first-person).
• Any personal photos or examples of GIFs/media to illustrate your story (if applicable).
• First drafts should generally be between 1,000-1,500 words and submitted via Google Docs.
Information Last Updated: 15 June 2017