Did you know that companies that blog get 97% more links to their website? Blogging can be time-consuming, but when done properly, the benefits are well worth it. Once you’ve decided to add guest blogging to your company’s marketing strategy. The next step is finding a quality website for guest blogging. What good is a guest blog if it’s never read?
Finding a guest blogging website is tedious. The site you choose must have high audience rankings. It must also cover the audience that you market to.
With so many nuances, you don’t want to choose a website for guest blogging on a whim! Locating high-quality guest blogging opportunities is a tough task. Looking for some guiding tips to help? If so, keep reading! We will cover five tips for choosing the right guest blogging website.
What is Guest Blogging?
The purpose of guest blogging is to increase traffic where blogs are published. Guest blogging can be done in two ways:
- Writing a blog that is posted on someone else’s website
- Someone else writing a blog that is posted on your blog
While some have discounted the use of guest blogging, the technique is still beneficial. When implemented properly, guest blogging can benefit your company in many ways. Using guest blogging as part of your marketing strategy can help to:
- Attract new readers who are interested in your company’s niche
- Create natural links from more popular and widely-visited websites
- Build quality backlinks
- Assist in network building by creating connections and establishing your company’s name
Want to reap the benefits of guest blogging? Then you’re going to need a high-quality guest blogging website. Don’t let your hard work go to waste by posting blogs on an ineffective guest blogging site.
Keep reading for tips to selecting the ideal guest blogging website for your company!
Steps for choosing the best website for guest blogging
Finding useful guest blogging sites is possible if you follow these steps below.
1. Know your target audience.
The first step is identifying your target audience. Who is your ideal customer? What kind of information would this person seek?
Your target audience is what drives the success of your blogs and your company! By knowing your target audience, you should be able to determine:
- What goals or problems your audience has
- Buyer demographics, such as location, age, gender, and profession
- What drives their buying decisions
- How they buy
With this information in mind, you’re ready to find a blog that your target audience will read.
2. Know what to look for in a guest blogging site.
There are dozens of sites that promote guest blogging services. But, going with the first site you come across is rarely the best decision. Take the time to do some research to find a quality guest blogging site.
The guest blogging site you choose needs offer high return on investment (ROI) for your company. You can find high ROI buy choosing a site that:
- Offers a large audience that is engaged and active
- Has the same or similar target audience demographics that you want to reach
- Provides content and topics that relate to your business
- Is an online authority
- Has a high search engine optimization ranking
Knowing what to look for in a guest blogging site is a big step towards finding the ideal location.
3. Start your search with some research.
Finding the right website for guest blogging requires a little work on your end. To start, examine the ideal website where you’d like your guest blog to appear. The site should be a competing website or one that your audience visits regularly.
Once you have located an ideal site, it’s time to dig a little deeper! It is always wise to have more than one guest blogging site. Looking to ease your search?
If so, use Alexa’s Audience Overlap Tool to find sites similar to the ideal site. The tool offers an overlap score, an Alexa rank, and traffic levels. You can use all of this data to find potential guest blog locations.
With a list of quality guest blogging websites, your next step is to pitch your ideas!
Helpful guest blogging tips
The steps above will get you on the right track to finding a website for guest blogging. Here are a few tips to make your guest blogging even more successful!
1. Know how to pitch your ideas.
Finding a blog is step one, step two is knowing how to pitch your ideas to the blog owner. When sending your guest post pitch, you can either pitch topics or specific titles. The important part is showing the blog owner that you:
- Will be a good fit for the blog
- Will help to drive more traffic
- Have done your research
Your pitch should be short and sweet. Would you respond to an email that read and looked like a book? Probably not!
When delivering your pitch, be sure to:
- Follow pitch guidelines provided by the blog
- Use proper grammar and spelling
- Provide information about your company and yourself
- Offer interesting content pitches as well as new ideas
2. Use and maintain social media profiles.
Social media and guest blogging go hand-in-hand. Having social profiles means easier research and communication. You can count on a potential guest blog website conducting its own homework.
This means your social profiles have to be in tip-top shape! Your profiles should:
- Include a bio of the company
- Have authentic and quality likes, friends, and followers
- Provide a link to your website
- Have a profile image
3. Don’t forget to monitor results.
After weeks of hard work, you’ve done it. Your blog has been published on a top notch website for guest blogging! Now what? There are several statistics to track after your blog has been posted. Keep an eye on:
- Direct and SEO traffic
- Social likes and shares
- Comments submitted by readers
Success guest blogs can drive all sorts of new traffic to your website. New traffic means new clients, and new clients mean new business!
Guest blogging made simple
GuestBlogging is your one-stop shop for all of your guest blogging needs. We offer a guest blogging directory as well as blog post services. Don’t go any longer without guest blogging! If you need assistance writing your first guest blog or help with managing your blogs, we are here for you.
Contact us today to get started!